Thursday, February 9, 2012

One long mile for me, one small step towards my goal

On the day that I started this blog, I had run (jogged really) my first entire mile since freshman year in high school.  For those of you who are counting, it has been roughly 18 years.  I had never run more than 3 minutes without stopping since beginning my journey.  It is this mile that I ran on Monday, February 6th, 2012 that sparked the beginning of my blog.  It took 15 minutes, but to me those fifteen minutes made me feel like a had just run a marathon.  I followed up the treadmill mile with over 3 elliptical miles.

I was high on achievement.  This has been one of my major fitness goals.  Much to my disappointment, Tuesday was not so successful.  I'm sure I could have finished a mile, but I didn't push myself as much as I should have.  I jogged a half mile and then followed up with 22.5 minutes on the elliptical.

I told myself it was because I was tired from working my second job that doesn't allow me to arrive at the gym until almost 9:30.  That was an excuse, and excuses are not allowed.

Wednesday, I work the second job, but I would not accept excuses from myself.  I had done it once, I could do it again.  I committed to 30 minutes of my hardest workout.  I ran my mile .1 miles per hour faster than Monday.  it was just as hard as it had been on Monday, however, I knew I could do it because I had done it before.  I did not give up!  I finished it off with the remainder of the time on the elliptical. 

30 minutes isn't much, but its a push to my goals.  I will continue to push.  I have put approximately 162 running miles on my shoes not to mention the time I have spent in yoga, zumba and spinning classes, which do not show mileage.  I am keeping my heart rate at 80-90% of it's maximum for working out.  somewhere between 152 and 160 BPM. 

In total, since starting this journey I have burned about 36,000 calories, and maybe I have not lost much more weight, but that is equal to 12 lbs I did not gain!  That's something to cheer about.

Peace Love and Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts