Friday, June 1, 2012

55184 calories burned!

Annual state testing and the end of the school year left little time for posting and working out.  May was not a good month for the gym.  I will be more focused and going to the gym at least three times a week this summer.

I sat down today and calculated the calories that I have burned since I started working out last year.  Cardio Trainer is in the early stages of development and in the shuffle of new phones, some of my data is in limbo.  They promise that it will all eventually be restored. In all I have burned roughtly 55,184 calories (roughly about 16 lbs.).  Although I have not lost any more weight, I have not gained those 16 lbs either.  My intent isn't weight loss, but it would be nice, so tomorrow I will be starting a trial of Visalues in hopes of having better calorie control.

Last Saturday, some coworkers and I ran another mud race, Dirty 6 at Old Tucson Studios.  I felt funny being passed by 7 and 8 year olds (seriously), but we did not finish last, and we DID finished.  We were around 143 out of about 214 women, about 70 men came in after we did.  This was a 5K with some (lame) obstacles.  Most of the obstacles were simply piles of dirt.  Only two or three were worthy of being called mud run worthy.  You can see some awesome pictures taken by Zazoosh, the same ones who took pictures at the Kiss Me Dirty event.  I hope to run more "fun" events before trying a real 5K.  Eventually I may have anough bibs to make a race bib quilt with the snazzy sewing machine I got for Christmas.

I have reached and surpassed several personal records.  Today, I was able to run 25 minutes nonstop and a distance of 1.75 miles, beating my previous personal record by .2 miles and 3 minutes.  I had attempted this two days ago, but failed miserably, only running 15 minutes.  It was the start of week 7 in the C25K program, so for me, today counts as day one of week 7.  Two more 25 minute days, and then we bump it up to 28. 

All in all it has been a very busy couple of months and it's time to make myself a priority again.  My life has been as scattered as this post.  Hopefully the next one will be sooner and more cohesive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts