Monday, February 18, 2013

A Journey of 60 Miles Begins with One Step, Cake Decorating, or a Yard Sale


I began training for my 60 mile walk today.
I began training for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day today.  It is the first of over 500 miles of prescribed walking that I will do between now and November.  As I walked the first two  miles of week one day one, and jogged the last one, I read over my training and fundraising materials.  I have to say, the thing that worries me more than walking 60 miles is raising $2,300.  Not a dollar had been raised since I registered for the walk.

I think I am going to lose sleep over that.  Fear not, a family member stepped up and made the first donation followed by my high school track coach.  I still have to raise another $2,215 to raise.  My mom has made a very generous verbal promise, an my father and sisters have pledged to donate too. 

My sister Jessie gave me a fantastic idea of offering cake decorating classes in exchange for donations.  So...I will start to get myself organized to what and where I could teach for given levels of donations.  If you have ever been interested in taking a cake decorating class, keep an eye out for my posts as I try to work out the logistics of the classes. 

Another option I am looking into is holding a yard sale.  If you have any sale worthy items you are looking to get rid of, but do not want to have to store, I'll take it off of your hands for you. 

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Arizona 3-DayOne thing is set in stone, if you make a donation, in any amount, I will honor that donation with your name or the name of a loved one on my gear for at least one of the three days that I will be walking. As always, thank you for your support.



Scan to use your mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts